ISSN 2149-2263 | E-ISSN 2149-2271 Home      
 
Volume : 19 Issue : 5
Current Issue Archive Popular Article Ahead of Print

   
Quick Search





 
PH experience in an expert university hospital [Anatol J Cardiol]
Anatol J Cardiol. Ahead of Print: AJC-60252 | DOI: 10.14744/AnatolJCardiol.2018.60252  

PH experience in an expert university hospital

Ümit Yaşar Sinan1, Rengin Demir2, Ismail Polat Canbolat3, Mert Palabıyık1, Ayşem Kaya4, Mehmet Serdar Küçükoğlu1
1Department of Cardiology, Istanbul University Institute of Cardiology, Istanbul, Turkey
2Department of Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy, Istanbul University Institute of Cardiology, Istanbul, Turkey
3Department of Cardiology, Istanbul Bilim University Sisli Florence Nightingale Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
4Department of Biochemistry, Istanbul University Institute of Cardiology, Istanbul, Turkey

Objective: PAH is characterized by remodeling of the small pulmonary arteries leading to a progressive in PVR and right ventricular (RV) failure. In this study, we aimed to share our ten years of PH experience and provide information in real-life settings in terms of the demographics, clinical course, PH subgroup distribution, and treatment patterns in patients with PAH in a tertiary center.

Methods: Our study is retrospective, single center and observational study. In this study we screened the patients that applied to PH outpatient clinic of......... University Institute of Cardiology with the suspicion of PAH between 2008 and 2017. While group 1, 4 and 5 PH patients were included, group 2 and 3 PH patients were excluded from the study.

Results: Our study group consisted of 162 patients (115 female, 71%). The female: male ratio was 2.4. The mean age was 52 ± 16 years old. Most of the patients were in group 1 PH (PAH, 86.4%). The rest of the patients (13.6%, N: 22) were in group 4 PH (CTEPH). In group 1 PH, 45.7% of patients (N: 64) were classified as idiopathic PAH (IPAH) after excluding the alternative diagnosis with PH diagnostic algorithm. The other 54.3% of group 1 PH patients (N: 76) had various diseases that causing PAH which was called associated PAH (APAH). PAH group were including PAH associated with congenital heart diseases (CHD) (N: 70), with connective tissue (scleroderma, N: 4) and with portal hypertension (PoH, N: 2).

Conclusion: Our data is important to provide information in real-life settings in terms of the demographics, clinical course, PH subgroup distribution, and treatment patterns in patients with PAH in a reference tertiary center in TURKEY.

Keywords: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), Pulmonary Vascular Disease, Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH), Demographics, PAH Associated Congenital Heart Disease (PAH-CHD)


Uzmanlaşmış Bir Üniversite Hastanesinin PH Deneyimi

Ümit Yaşar Sinan1, Rengin Demir2, Ismail Polat Canbolat3, Mert Palabıyık1, Ayşem Kaya4, Mehmet Serdar Küçükoğlu1
1İstanbul Üniversitesi Kardiyoloji Enstitüsü, Kardiyoloji Ana Bilim Dalı, İstanbul
2İstanbul Üniversitesi Kardiyoloji Enstitüsü, Kardiyo-Pulmoner Fizyoterapi, İstanbul
3İstanbul Bilim Üniversitesi Şişli Florence Nightingale Hastanesi, Kardiyoloji Ana Bilim Dalı, İstanbul
4İstanbul Üniversitesi Kardiyoloji Enstitüsü, Biyokimya, İstanbul

Amaç: Pulmoner arteriyel hipertansiyon (PAH), küçük pulmoner arterlerde yeniden şekillenmenin neden olduğu, ilerleyici pulmoner vasküler direnç artışı ve sağ kalp yetersizliği ile karakterize bir durumdur. Türkiye’de PAH sıklığı bilinmemekle birlikte, Avrupa’da görülen PAH sıklığına istinaden Türkiye’de 1500-4500 arası PAH hastası olduğu düşünülmekte. Bu çalışmada PAH konusunda tecrübeli 3. basamak bir sağlık kuruluşunun 10 yıllık deneyimini demografik, klinik seyir, PH alt grup dağılımı ve tedavi özellikleri açısından ele aldık.

Metod: Çalışmamız retrospektif, gözlemsel bir tek merkez çalışması. 2008-2017 yılları arasında......... Üniversitesi Kardiyoloji Enstitüsü PH polikliniğine PAH şüphesi ile başvuran ve grup 1,4 ve 5 PH tanısı konan hastalar çalışmamıza dahi edilirken, grup 2 ve 3 hastalar çalışmadan dışlandı.

Sonuçlar: Çalışma grubumuz 162 hastadan oluştu (115 kadın, %71). Kadın: erkek oranı 2.4’tü. Ortalama yaş 52 ± 16. Hastaların büyük çoğunluğu grup 1 (PAH, %86.4) oluşuyordu. Geriye kalan %13.6 hasta ise (N: 22) ise grup 4 PH (KTEPH) idi. Grup 1 PH hastalarının %45.7’si (N: 64) PH algoritmasına göre alternatif tanılar dışlandıktan sonra idiyopatik PAH tanısını aldı. Geriye kalan 76 hasta (%54.3) PAH ile ilişkili olduğu (APAH) gösterilen çeşitli hastalıklara sahipti. Bu grupta konjenital kalp hastalıkları (N: 70), konnektif bağ dokusu hastalıkları (skleroderma, N: 4) ve portal hipertansiyon (PoPH, N: 2) yer almaktaydı. Hastaların %53.3’nde (N: 72) monoterapi seçilen tedavi yöntemi iken, geriye kalan %46.7 hasta (N: 64) kombinasyon tedavisi almaktaydı. Bosentan monoterapide en çok tercih edilen ajandı (N: 33, %45.8). ERAs+PDE-5 inhibitörü kombinasyonu ise en çok tercih edilen kombinasyon tedavisiydi (N: 38, %59.3)

Sonuç: Bizim verilerimiz Türkiye’de PAH alanında deneyimli bir 3. basamak sağlık kuruluşundaki PAH hastalarının demografik, klinik seyir, PH alt grup dağılımı ve tedavi özelliklerini yansıtması açısından önemlidir.

Anahtar Kelimeler: Pulmoner Arteriyel Hipertansiyon (PAH), Pulmoner Vaküler Hastalık, Kronik Tromboembolik Pulmoner Hipertansiyon, Demografik, PAH ile İlişkili Konjenital Kalp Hastalıkları




Corresponding Author: Ümit Yaşar Sinan, Türkiye


TOOLS
Print
Download citation
RIS
EndNote
BibTex
Medlars
Procite
Reference Manager
Share with email
Share
Send email to author

Similar articles
PubMed
Google Scholar




 
 
KARE Publishing | Copyright © 2018 Turkish Society of Cardiology